Friday, July 24, 2009

Tuesday July 21, 2009

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY OF FREEDOM. I rode through Cleveland today. It was very interesting to see the city. The street route that was in the “Adventure Cycling” map was safe even if it was complicated. It took me through some of the more gritty parts of town as well as some extremely rich parts of town.
Cleveland lists a “Bike Trail along the lake”. It was not a bike trail alongside of Lake Erie. You actually never did see the lake but you did travel along a road filled with mansions whose backyards bordered on the lake. I could not see the lake but I could see the houses whose occupants could see the lake. When I first got onto the lakeside trail, I went into a small park overlooking the lake thinking I would find the “lakeside trail”. Wrong – there was no such trail. And I got into trouble with a lady who came out of her house and said that it was a private park and I was not allowed to be in there.
Later I went through some State Parks and could see the lake.
I rode 66 miles today.
Tonight I camped at an abandoned train station in Vermilion, Ohio. The past two evenings I got to where my iphone said there was a campground only to find that the iphone was wrong. It was late and dark so I just found a place to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. You're a trooper. If my crystal ball took me to a dead end more than once when I was that whipped from biking all day - I could see myself just breaking down and crying. Glad you're not a wuss like me. ;)

    ReplyDelete