Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tuesday July 14, 2009

END OF THE DIRT BIKE TRAILS. I got to McKeesport early today. After 320 miles of rough dirt trail the equipment needed to be cleaned. The new bike had only gone 140 miles on dirt trails but it needed servicing as well.
It took a couple of hours to clean all of the equipment and the bicycle. I cleaned and oiled the derailleur and the chain.
The new bike performed outstandingly. I can now handle hills and I am riding faster on the flat terrain and expending less energy per mile which means I can do more miles per day.
It took a few hours to make all of the bus connections and get through Pittsburgh. Downtown Pittsburgh was really neat and beautiful, right at the confluence of two rivers.
I camped at a on the grounds of a Catholic Church in Darlington PA approximately 37 miles northwest of Pittsburg.

2 comments:

  1. July 19

    We are anxious for an update. We hope all is going well. Are you in Ohio yet?

    Hugh Redd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Brazilian that was a missionary with a Bonnie Weidemann. I see that one has a comment on this site. The Brazilian is Lizandro Coelho from the Goiana Mission. He said that he lost contact with her and asked if I could locate her. Can you help?

    Congratulations on your trip.

    ReplyDelete