Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thursday July 9, 2009

Larry Carter – Bike Tourer in Training. I finally got to the end of the C&O Canal Trail – the trail is 185 miles from Washington DC to Cumberland Maryland. After the exertions yesterday and the effort it took to get off the mountain today I am totally exhausted.
This whole ride to Cumberland has been a good trial for the rest of the ride to Utah. Things have got to change.
I have made two decisions: a) I am going to cut the weight down considerably. b) I need the increase in efficiency that a road touring bike offers. I am going to transition from a mountain bike tourer to a road bike tourer. From previous study done it appears to be from 10 – 20 percent increase.
I camped at the YMCA campground in Cumberland. Very Nice, and we can use of all their facilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment